Lead Developer – DevOps Roadmap
REMEDI Electronic Commerce Group has been engaged by a longstanding client to assist them with designing a DevOps environment from the ground up working alongside their existing technical teams in the Charlotte, NC area for 3 months or longer.
- Roadmap Development - you will map out the end-to-end DevOps process and identify areas within the SDLC that represent best candidates for automated improvement.
- Programming - Your application development experience enables you to identify, develop, and maintain the proper tools and processes that allow a CI/CD environment to function best while integrating automated testing to validate the quality of application changes.
- Quality – You will help integrate quality management tools with development processes and automate production support in a way that creates a faster feedback loop to development teams.
In order to be successful in this role we’re looking for a “been there, done that” kind of person who is able to quickly assess the current state of a development workflow and then confidently lead the design and implementation of DevOps best practices based on past experience. “Infrastructure only” professionals are respected, but not the best fit for this effort as we’re going to lean on actual application development experience first and foremost. You should have:
- DevOps tools- experience with concepts and/or technologies such as:
- Source Control, such as Git or similar tools.
- Continuous Integration using VSTS.
- Infrastructure Automation, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration leveraging VSTS.
- Container Concepts, such as LXD, Docker.
- Orchestration, such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm.
- Programming experience that allows you to design a DevOps environment that starts with application development and then moves toward Infrastructure – not the other way around.
- PowerShell scripting experience.
- XML, Java.
- Cloud Integration
- Experience in Azure, AWS, or other cloud environments
- Application integration experience using web services, REST, JSON.
- Experience and insight that can help integrate cloud and on-prem applications.
- Infrastructure and Testing experience or exposure
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools
- Knowledge of test automation that involves unit testing, integration testing, and UAT
NO Third Parties considered.